We are looking for a Parish Clerk to work in support of the Council’s five Councillors. The position is home based for 4.5 hours per week including one evening meeting every other month. A laptop is provided. Salary to be agreed, depending on qualifications and experience, within the National Joint Council for Local Government Service’s pay scale (range SCP 7 -16 (£10.44 – £12.48 per hr) plus 20.45 hours holiday. A handover period will be available.
Main duties include;
- Arranging, publicising and attending one Council meeting bi- monthly on the first Thursday, 7.30pm (usually at the village hall) and occasionally arranging extraordinary planning application meetings as and when they arise.
- Preparing agendas, meeting documentation and writing minutes
- Act as the Responsible Financial Officer. Manage the Council’s finances including preparing the budget, payment of invoices, reclaiming VAT and end of year accounts
- Maintaining Council files and records
- Updating the Council pages on the Village website, facebook page and village noticeboard
- Managing Council assets, including maintenance and insurance
- Dealing with correspondence, including liaising with District & County Council’s, local organisations and the public
- Monitoring and updating the Council on relevant planning applications and responding where required
- Ensuring current legislation and procedures are adhered to by informing and advising the Council and updating Council policies and processes
A CiLCA qualified Clerk would be an advantage, however, training will be given. Don’t be put off, there is plenty of support available.
Full details will be provided to the successful applicant.
For more information, please contact Helen Corris (Parish Clerk) on
01359250451 or email@example.com
To apply, please send a letter or e mail expressing interest to firstname.lastname@example.org