- AGAR part 2 signed
- Hepworth Internal Audit Report 2020
- Significant Variances 2018-19 against 2019-20
- Annual Governance statement
- agar certificate of exemption
- accounting statement 2019/20
- Notice of public rights and publication of AGAR
- Asset List at Aug 19 V5 reviewed feb 2020
- Expenditure against Budget 2019-20
- Annual Internal Audit Report 2018-19Hepworth Parish Councillors share the responsibility for the financial governance of Hepworth Parish Council. We appoint a responsible financial officer to administer the finances. Our responsible financial officer is the Parish Clerk.
How do we manage Council finances?
It is our role to ensure that Parish Council finances are managed responsibly. The Council has agreed a set of financial regulations and also ensures that an independent internal audit is carried out each year. To help control Council finances we also agree an annual budget. Each year we complete an annual return to confirm that everything is in order. The annual return shows that accounts have been properly prepared and approved, a system of internal control is in place and that the Council has taken reasonable steps to comply with the law. Since the introduction of the Local Audit and Accountability Act 2014, smaller public authorities, including Parish Councils, have been exempt from routine external audits. Instead we follow new transparency requirements laid out in the Local government transparency code 2015.
It is important that you have the tools and information that you need to hold your Parish Council to account so we will add the latest financial and governance reports to this page so that you can view them. As required by the transparency code, we will include the following reports.
- All items of expenditure above £100
- End of year accounts
- End of year bank reconcilliation
- Explanation of variances
- Annual governance statement
- Internal audit report
- Asset Register
- List of Councillors or member responsibilities (please see Your Parish Councillors)
- Minutes, agendas and meeting papers of formal meeting (please see Parish Council Meetings)
If you would like further information, or would like to see reports from previous years, please check the archive, or contact the Parish Clerk.